Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A Time Out for Christine

Laura Payne & I in Long Beach
I had the pleasure of attending the Time Out For Women in Long Beach last Saturday. I am still on a spiritual high from all the messages given at the conference. It was fabulous! Here is a view of the program I saw:

1. EVENT HOSTby Michael McLeanSinger, songwriter, entertainer

2. There Is More Good News!by Stephen RobinsonProfessor of Religion, Brigham Young University; author, Believing Christ

3. Turning a Cornerby Wendy L. WatsonBYU Professor, author, Ph.D., marriage and family therapist

4. How Fortune Cookies Made Me a Better Momby Emily WattsSenior Editor for Deseret Book Company; author, Being the Mom and Take Two Chocolates

5. Portrait of a Peopleby Jerry Williamsnationally recognized songwriter, composer, arranger; father, husband

6. Untitledby Sheri DewPresident and CEO of Deseret Book Company

I also submitted a comment to the Deseret Book website for the Time Out "share your experience" link & they uploaded it to the site today! I was pretty suprised! Here's what I wrote:

"I recently moved to the LA area from San Antonio. I was so sad that I was going to miss the TOFW in SA. I had attended it 3 years ago with some of my very good friends & had such a wonderful experience spending that day with them. It was one of my favorite memories of living in SA. At the same time, I was excited that it was being held in Long Beach just 2 weeks after the SA event. I didn't want to go alone. So, I didn't plan on going. Just 2 days before the TOFW/Long Beach, a new friend I have made since moving here called & invited me to go to Time Out with her, her mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law. I was so thrilled! The spirit of the day brought back a million emotions of why I love TOFW. The messages really hit home to me, but more importantly the energy coming from all the women around me super-charged my soul. Sister Dew's talk was fabulous! She has an awesome gift of turning personal experiences into a spiritual gospel moment. I wished she could have talked twice as long; I could listen to her all day! The ladies that brought me along with them to the conference will always be part of my special memory of this TOFW experience."

3 comments:

The Dunford Family said...

It sounds awesome...I wish I could have been there with you. But, you look great and happy.
I love ya,
Kristin

Jenni said...

Glad you went and had fun!!! In SA we had a different line up of people than Long Beach it looks like...but we did have Sherry Dew also--love her! Anyhow, you're looking great! Wish I could join you in the sunny CA weather--it was snowing at my parent's house when we were there two weeks ago! Talk to ya soon!

Jack and Charlene said...

We enjoy the comments from Kristin & Jenni ..... Friendships are Special !!