Newberg's high school girl's water polo team participated in the Western States Invitational in Modesto, CA. Cassie and 11 other team mates played against some of the best water polo competition West of the Mississippi.
The mornings were foggy, but the afternoons were sunny & warm. It was a great experience for the team to play in deep, outdoor pools. Chris & I took a 2-day road trip to go cheer on Cassie & her team. It was fabulous!
Newberg lost their first game to Clovis, sending them to the losers bracket. They went on to beat Merced, Los Banos, and St. Marys. Unfortunately, they lost their last tournament game to Marin Catholic & took 18th place overall.
Chris & I were impressed with the tough defense Cassie played. She had many steals. We are so proud of her team spirit & competitive attitude.It was a good experience for the Newberg girls to go play with some of the best in the West.
Championships are the second weekend. Their eye is on the prize!
Championships are the second weekend. Their eye is on the prize!
Here is Cassie with some of her team mates in Old Town Sacramento.
The girls with Coach Jim.

1 comments:
This is awesome! It is so fun to read all those teams they played...I played ALL of those during high school soccer in merced. And no hard feelings that you beat Merced Cassie--way to go! I got your facebook message about Cassie playing Merced while I was in San Diego, but couldn't get my phone to work to answer back! I hope you got my message about the restaurants! Did you find some fun things to do and good places to eat! What memories you all bring back for me! Hope you had lots of fun in the San Joaquin Valley!--Fog is their trademark:)
Post a Comment