Plato wrote, "Books give a soul to the Universe wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
One of my biggest hurdles in the relationships in my life is being misunderstood. I feel like I lock myself away just to keep myself safe from the reactions of others to how I feel or what I think about something. This belief of separating myself for a better relationship with another person drains my energy on so many levels. I've been doing work to change that. What I am learning is that I need to first do the work in understanding myself.
If I have judgements of things or people, that is my unfinished work. I'm aware that others I come in contact with may not understand themselves either! When we communicate with others, there is the unconscious mind and the conscious mind we are dealing with...on both sides, both people.
My goal is to come out of the place where I keep my conscious (not perfect) voice hidden and locked in, practicing fluidity and making adjustments along the way.
Words are often misunderstood. I'm discovering what they mean to me and creating space to agree with many different definitions. Checking in on my misunderstandings and being misunderstood is also helping me understand what, where, and why I judge myself and others the way I do.
I also have been paying attention to things that come up on my radar that do not make sense, but seem to control my thoughts. I have started to pull that anchor and ask, "is this an opinion, or is it the same for everyone always?" Creating that space for a different perspective takes effort. New thoughts may feel like imposters, not true, a bit of a reach, and might cause an ungrounded feeling (fear, conflict, burden, failure, etc). The key is removing the blocker and planting a seed of validation to the new thought. Pull the weeds of the old, plant with seeds of the new, and then garden!
"Why We Sleep; Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams", by Matthew Walker
"The Book of Joy", by 14th Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu
"Energy Anatomy", by Caroline Myss (audiobook)
"Braving the Wilderness", by Brene Brown
"Man's Search For Meaning", by Viktor Frankl
"The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck", by Mark Manson
"A New Earth", by Eckhart Tolle
"The Power of Now", by Eckhart Tolle
"Intimate Conversations With the Divine", by Caroline Myss
"Love Without Conditions", by Paul Ferrini
"Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life", by Wayne W. Dyer
"The Book of Awakening", by Mark Nepo
"A Radical Awakening", by Shefali Tsabary
"Eastern Body, Western Mind", by Anodea Judith
"One Simple Thing", by Eddie Stern
"How to do the Work", by Nicole LePera
"Guide to a High Voltage Life", by Diana Vitantonio

0 comments:
Post a Comment