Saturday, January 28, 2006

Back from St. George

We had a wonderful & relaxing trip to St. George to visit my parents. It's only a 6.5 hour drive from Simi! The hardest part of the drive is listening to Colin & Craig fight over SP & DS games. Mom & Dad look great! Mom hasn't aged a bit...looks healthy & happy. Dad goes without wearing his glasses since having eye surgery & is sporting a mustache. He looks healthy & happy as well. Dad took the kids & I down to shoot some hoops at the church gym. He can still drain 3-pointers consistantly! We played everyone for themselves & Craig remembers Dad winning, but I'm pretty positive I won with a lay-up. Dad did win HORSE though, and then wanted to play another round. I had to tell him I was done. Pretty good indication that Dad is still in fabulous shape.
Mom & Dad took us shopping, to an animal museum, out to eat at Pizza Factory, to the Joseph Smith movie at the temple visitor center, & to Gary & Mae's. Gary also looks great! Their new house is beautiful with lots of room. I think it's nicer than their old home up near Mom & Dad's. Their girls are so cute & have tons of friends calling on them constantly. Cassie & Craig really get along well with them. I hope we can keep that going now that we live closer.
It was a nice break to get out of the apartment in Simi & spend some time with Mom & Dad. It's never enough time though. We look forward to making more memories with them this year.

0 comments: