Sunday, October 08, 2006

Wedding Road Trip

The Sisters
Me, Cheri (mother of the bride), & Caran

My neice Stephanie was married this past weekend in the Salt Lake Temple. I drove up to St. George Thursday, alone this time & then drove up to SLC Friday with my parents. The wedding was Friday afternoon followed by a reception at the Lion House. It was lovely. A lot of Ryan & Stephanie's friends came for the reception & the family relaxed & visited. Stephanie was beautiful & so calm. Ryan also was very happy & handsome.
Saturday, I traveled back to St. George with my Mom & Dad. After a quick bite to eat & tearful goodbye (because the time spent together is never long enough), I drove the remaining miles back to Simi. Chris generously gave up a day at work to stay with the kids Friday. They spent Saturday raking leaves, grocery shopping & participating in the American Cancer Society walk-a-thon here in town. They met me for fish tacos at Rubios before I made it home.
I am grateful to Chris for holding down the fort while I was adding miles on my car. It was cool to listen to "my" music full blast on the way up there & then sports radio on the way home. No one complained or cried in the back seat. It was one of those rare opportunities you have as a mom to take a road trip alone in the car.

Me with Caran & her gorgeous daughters Alysia & Alaena. Alysia is at BYU & single! Know anyone to set her up with?

View from the restaurant atop the Joseph Smith Memorial Bldg. Rain moving in.

Me by brother Bob & Caran. My Cali-tan is fading!

This is my cute nephew Cameron (Caran's youngest). He turns 11 tomorrow! Happy Birthday Cam! We are in the JSM Bldg waiting for the rain to let up outside.

Stephanie & Ryan Ellersick

My nephew Jordan & I cold chillin' in the Lion House. We both missed Jane.

My family

...and they lived happily ever after.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Looks like a really fun trip! You looked great!!! Seeing that picture of the temple from the top of the JSB makes me miss Utah at this time of year...so breathtaking!

Bob said...

Thanks, Christine...It was great to be with you, even if it is never long enough.

Love,
Bob