Wednesday, March 14, 2007

72 Hour Trip

The "Club"

Eryn & Colin...so sweet!

Wally, Jens & Chris...another "club" (pregame)

the bond goes further than 100 miles

It was a phenomenal weekend weather-wise in sunny California. The hills are all Shreky-green, the blossoms are popping everywhere & the sunshine warmed my soul. I was not happy returning to the drizzle & clouds of the Willamette Valley. We spent a great deal of time driving in the car back & forth on the I-5, but it was very worthwhile. We discovered our future weekend getaway destination in Ashland at my brother's "vacation" home. It is perfect for some nice biking routes & for the kids to explore outside. He was so kind to let us sleep there on our way to Cali. But, we'll definately have to go back again.

The kids & I jumped out of the car in San Jose at the Dunford's house. Jens & Chris loaded up & drove down to Solvang for their bike ride. It was the 25th anniversary for the century ride there. You can read more about it on Chris' cycling blog. I can tell you that they had a great time!

Kristin & I had our own kind of fun. We went out to eat, talked, watched movies, gabbed, went out to eat, went walking, yakked some more, did some crafting, slept in, solved the problems of the universe...you get the picture. The kids put a lot of hours in on the trampoline & soaked up the sun in the backyard. They too had a great time being together. The Dunford's always make us feel at home & we truly miss being closer to our 2nd residence.

0 comments: