We survived the round-trip drive to St. George, UT.
The kids & I had actually planned to be gone another 2 weeks visiting SoCal & AZ, but it didn't work out. The first day on our trip away from home Colin started vomitting & having diarreah. He would seem fine then be sick again in 12 hour cycles. He has been so sensitive that way since we moved up here from Simi in February. He started feeling better our last day in Utah. But by then I had lost all patience for nursing him & decided to forego the rest of our planned road trip. The kids & I are so sad we weren't able to hook up with friends in Simi & Mesa. Most of all we missed out seeing the Dunfords & helping them move into their new home in Chandler. :-(
Many tears were shed & hearts torn over our broken plans. Please know we miss you so much!
That said, we also want to tell the Putnam family how much fun we had visiting & sharing time with all of you! Thank you for being so understanding of Colin's situation. I apologize for demonstrating much frustration to many of you, but am grateful for your heart-felt concerns & support. I feel the reunion was truly magnificent! In hindsight, there are many things I wish that would have turned out differently on a personal level, but overall I came away with many special memories & experiences that I wouldn't trade for anything else. The tributes to Mom & Dad were awesome! Thank you for your 100% on that. I was able to preview all the pictures Cheri took & report that they are gorgeous & you all will be really pleased with them. She is going to do some editing & it will take her a little time to get through all of them. (There were 360!) Thank you for taking that on Cheri! Since I was a little frazzled with Colin, I only came away with a handful of pictures of my own. I will upload & share them later. We just got home today & I'm pretty much feeling 2 weeks behind on my life. Chris has been in Detroit on business all week. He comes home tomorrow night...thank goodness. We may just hibernate all weekend at home with the blinds closed so no one will notice we came back. :-)
Thank you Mom & Dad for housing & feeding us this past week. Did you cheer when we all left? Are you caught up on your afternoon naps? We love you so much & are so excited for you to come visit us in a couple of weeks!
9 years ago

1 comments:
Hey you!!! Glad your trip was good--except the fact that Colin was sick!!! SAD! Hope all is going well now and the little guy is recovering. We're off to southern Utah on Friday for Josh's family reunion at Zion--I'll wave to your parents in St George for ya!
Post a Comment