1. My birthday is this Thursday, June 7th! I am turning 34 & will receive the keys to our new house! A dinner out to PF Changs is also in the mix.
2. Everything's coming up roses. The start of the Portland Rose Fesitval. It's also national rose month. Buy a rose or a rose bush sometime this month.
3. NBA championship playoff begins on my birthday this year! Lucky for me, the Spurs are playing & I will actually care about who wins. No yawning here.
4. Since it is also national dairy month, I will be forced to eat yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, milk shakes & ice cream sundaes. Oh shucks.
5. June is named after the Roman goddess Juno, wife of Jupiter & equivalent to the Greek goddess Hera.
6. Father's Day!
7. Schools out! Summer begins.
8. Summer solstice = longest days of the year. It stays light up here until 10pm!
9. June's birthstone is the pearl, Alexandrite or moonstone.
10. Family reunion time. It's my Dad's 80th birthday today & my parent's 50th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Our family will celebrate in 2 weeks!


7 comments:
I do love June and your list makes me love it even more! :)
I'm just finding all my addresses so your b-day card will be late--sorry! How fun to get a new house for your b-day---did Chris plan that so he didn't have to buy you anything else??? =) Josh totally would have used that as an excuse. And by the way--GO SPURS!!!
I wish I could send Eryn over to play. I need a break! I hope the move goes well and I wish I could come and help you out with it. Im so excited for you! Congrats to your Mom & Dad! What a Happy Week!
Great list Christine! Lots of interesting facts and good excuses to eat ice cream! :) We're moving up to Spokane in 18 days and I think we're even planning a trip to Portland at the end of the summer. Ryan's cousins, aunts, uncles, grandma, grandpa, brother, and sister-in-law all live there...maybe we can stop by and visit you, too!?? We'd love to see your new house!
Happy Birthday Christine! I made a card and went to send it and realized you are moving and will probably not get the card before you leave for St. George, so I will bring it to St. George with me. I love you and wish you happy birthday month! Can't wait to see you!
I forgot to send you those websites. Here they are:
www.blurb.com
www.letsplaymusicsite.com
Post a Comment