Craig earned his Tenderfoot rank! He also earned the Aviation merit badge & is currently working on 4 more areas. I look forward to seeing him grow into his Boy Scout shirt : )
Colin got a new 16" bike (or in his words, a 5-year old bike). He wants to ride it all the time. I am quite surprised how much more confident he has been at riding since the upgrade. And, he's always smiling or talking to himself while he's pedaling : )Chris returned from a week of business out in Hollister, CA. He was able to get in some serious miles on his bike Saturday. Tonight he's out at some concert @ George Fox U with the YM from our ward.
I attended my first ward conf. in Yamhill as a stake rep Sunday. It was quite emotional as Pres. Brady read the names of the officers of the church for sustainings. I could feel his silent testimony of his love for Pres. Hinckley & Pres. Monson & the significance of the moment. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the YW leaders & girls of Yamhill Ward. Very sweet & cute! Chris went with me to the stake dance Saturday night. So fun! We have a big Priest/Laurel dating activity this Saturday/w Tualatin Stake. It's a Nascar/Dating Superspeedway theme. Chris & I went & bought all the decorations; checkered flags, penants, caution tape, hot wheel pictures. It's going to be so cool!
President's Day was GORGEOUS here in Newberg! Blue skies & a balmy 60 degrees. We spent a lot of time outside biking & running. This morning I woke up & wondered if it was all just a dream because when I looked out my window, it was foggy & gloomy. I doubt we made it to 50' today.
FYI: I got a phone call from Shawna Brady & Michael got his mission call to Dallas, TX! He leaves the end of May.


5 comments:
Woo hoo--just a day til the pearly whites are on their own Cassie!! How exciting for Michael...so funny that he's benn in San ANtonio and Houston...might as well hit the third major city in the state right?!! So exciting! Thanks for passing on the info!
Cassie is looking so grown up! Time sure flies.
haha...before I scrolled down I saw the picture of Cassie and her "twin" and I thought, "Hey! I think that those are our old coats!!"..and I was right! :) Cassie is so grown up and looks beautiful! I have great cousins. By the way, go to pyzam.com to get a cool blog layout.
Cassie is so cute!! I can't believe how all your kids look so grown up. That is awesome about Michael. Pass our congrats onto him! I used to live in Dallas. So fun!! Miss you.
:) Cassie is gorgeous...I'm glad she's putting those coats to good use! ;)
Post a Comment