Monday, July 09, 2007

10k On the Sand

I ran my first 10k straight on Saturday while at the Oregon coast! It was awesome. It will probably be the easiest 10k I'll ever run because it was on the beach & the conditions were perfect. It took me 50 minutes to do it. Not too shabby for my longest run yet this year. I'm closing in on the 100 mile mark. I should hit it either Wednesday or Thursday this week depending on how motivated I am. Chris & I are riding the STP this Saturday. He's going to do the whole 200 miles. I have my sights set on completing my first century bike ride ever. I'm not as nervous about this ride as I was about the Reach the Beach (my first group ride). Hopefully little blue men don't appear to me this time & I can go the whole way without crying like a big baby. Chris & I still have to pick out our matching bike jerseys for the ride. Hey, it was his idea!

I'm in berry heaven here in Newberg. If you love berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, marionberries) they grow them here & they are so delicious! So far, I've jammed strawberries & raspberries. I picked up some local peaches today & will see how they jam as well. Tonight for dessert I made vanilla yogurt parfait complete with layers of Great Harvest granola, blueberries & raspberries. It's my new craving. After the STP I'll add chunks of brownie in it. Mmmmmmm.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Good luck on the ride...and you're so awesome--a 10k! You rock!

The Dunford Family said...

Sounds soooo good! As soon as I get the kids back in school I NEED to start jamming. Congrats on the 10k, that's awesome!