Monday, August 27, 2007

Hood 2 Coast '07

Friday, Aug. 24, 2007, Mt. Hood, OR, 12:45 pm, 85 sunny degrees.
Our team's first runner, Colton Naef, kicked off down the road. We took a team picture before the start, but not with my camera. So, I'll post it later when I get a copy.

Saturday, Aug. 25th, Mist, OR, Exchange post #24, 7:15am, 60 misty degrees.

This is the beginning of the "last legs" of the relay & where a lot of the runners "camped" for a few winks of sleep. In this picture, you can see the 20 minute wait in line to use the Honey Buckets. This is also where I got my 10 minutes of sleep for the whole event. This field was filled with vans & runners & smashed bananas on the ground.

Saturday, 12:15pm, Exchange post #29, 70 cloudy degrees.

Whitney & I saluting our team flag. It says "Organized Chaos" with all the team member's names. I'm about to take off for my last leg of the relay!

Beth & Karen & Me at exchange #31 about 1:45pm. I'm all done!


Saturday, Seaside, OR, Finish Line, 5:30pm, 70 drizzly degrees.

Here I am with my Hood to Coast 2007 medal!


Van #1 team members

Travis & Colton Naef, Scott Jones (team captain), his daughter Whitney, Becca & Me

The couples

Tammy & Scott Jones, (they are in my ward. I was subbing for Tammy who was going to run, but she got pregnant.) Ron & Beth (Beth is Tammy's older sister) Laura & Russ (more relatives of Tammy's) Jeff & Karen (Karen is Ron's sister...basically more relatives of Tammy's)

Van #2 team members

Team #751, "Organized Chaos"

Our team ran the 197 mile relay in about 28 hours.

Chris & the kids made me a sign :-) Check out the spelling...so cute. Cassie wrote it & colored it, then realized her mistake & said, "oh well, Mom won't mind. She already knows I can't spell."

2 comments:

The Dunford Family said...

Congratulations! You look awesome and like you had a lot of fun. It looks so gorgeous there....all the trees...and green. No Fair!!! Miss you!

Jenni said...

Woo hoo!!! You're so awesome!!! That sounds like such a cool experience!!! K--totally loving your cute shirt and skirt!!! Where is the shirt from in the picture with the sign from the kidos??? Steph and I are always looking at pictures of our friends on blogs and finding out where they get their cute clothes!!! =)