My tan is quickly fading away. Yikes! Thanks to the cloudy days we've been having. Our high yesterday was about 75. I'm still waiting for summer to come back. It was here for a little while, like about 1 week about a month ago. Even at girl's camp last week it was cool in the cabins especially at night. You had to literally sit in the direct sun to get "hot". I've also noticed the sun starting to go down earlier every night. This cuts into our bike time on the roads if Chris doesn't get home in a timely fashion or if we get a late departure from home like we did last night. We had our bike lights on by 7:30 last night, granted it was cloudy.
My wonderful parents who have been visiting us the past 3 weeks went home yesterday. My Mom spoiled me by keeping my laundry going, teaching my primary class, preparing devotionals for girls camp, watching Y&R with me, listening to me vent about various dilemmas, etc. It made me feel good that my Dad was content to sit & eat my homemade jam for every meal. It was a lovely experience having them here in our home. The TV was back on the cartoons this morning...no FOX news. Colin, who gets a weak stomach with every little lifestyle change, was up in the wee early morning hours today being sick. He went through the same routine & is up & feeling fine 5 hours later. He is so sensitive! Even to Grandma & Grandpa leaving!
Now that the scout & YW camps are over, water polo is over, football camp is over, it is all about ME! Hey, I have to have some wishful thinking! Chris & I have hundreds of miles of biking planned for the month. It could be a month of record breakers! My Nike plus shoes & ipod will get plenty of attention as well as I prepare for the Hood to Coast run at the end of the month.
My Dad & I found the BEST peach stand yesterday. I put up another flat's worth of jam. Mmmmmmmmmmm! I also ate a peach/yogurt/smashed grahm cracker parfait for dessert last night. Mmmmmmmmm! I'm still hoping to get some sight seeing in before the kids are back in school. I really want to hike around Silver Falls & run on the beach again. My scrapbooking pile keeps staring at me everyday. Sometimes I swear I hear it speaking to me, "Where you going now? You afraid of me or somethin'?" I have such great intentions when it comes to "that pile". It just keeps growing with newly developed prints from Costco & fresh new paper from Stampin' Up. Jenni, just keep inspiring me, ok!
9 years ago

2 comments:
Love the new blog......it's awesome! Please teach me!!! Okay....now I'm going to go read it!
I wish you were next door to go running with, to scrapbook with, to make jam with. I went shopping for raspberries at Costco and their like 9.99 for 4 cont.s is that expensive? I thought it was, but maybe I'm wrong..fruit just isn't very ripe here, it doesn't look good enough to make jam, and we're in desperate need. Especially after reading your blog. I miss you!!
Post a Comment