Thank you for all your comments & concerns on Cassie's behalf. She had a restful weekend & having an extra day off from school allowed her to return to school 100% yesterday.
Last week I decided to jumpstart my cycling training. I rode my trainer everyday except Sunday. Friday, I kicked it up a notch & added a 20 minute yoga session at the end of my cycling circuit. I've been on the lookout for a free-standing punching bag. I would like to add some boxing to the routine as well. I picked up the latest edition of Women's Health Mag. They have an awesome section on exercises that increase stability, flexibility, balance & alignment, all of which increase muscular strength. So, I've been adding a few in at a time. Cassie challenged & easily conquered me at posing a wall sit. The magazine rates you as "aspiring" if you can hold it between 30-59 seconds. "Solid" if you can sit between 1 minute & 1:59. You are considered "STRONG" if you can wall sit for 2:00 minutes plus! Let's just say I'm working towards a solid goal. We used to do those all the time for basketball conditioning. I hated it then & I hate it now.
Sunday, I was released from Primary. : (
The Stake is still issuing callings for the YM & YW's presidencies, so I'm kind of on a holding pattern until the stars align. In the meantime, I'm subbing in Primary. There's always a need in there. I passed on my keys & binder to the new counselor. She will be a great addition to the Primary board.
Chris started another round of business travel this week. That lucky dog is in balmy Scottsdale. NO FAIR! So, all the scrapbooking stuff will come out of the closet for the next few days.
The Packers disappointed me Sunday. There is no doubt now who we will be cheering for in the Super Bowl. Who's coming over? Chris is grilling his specialty Stubb's ribs. Mmmmm! Make your reservations!
9 years ago

5 comments:
Have you tried Pilates? It's excellent for overall strength and balance. It really helps with kickboxing too. I love it! Another "pose" to work on would be the "plank" where you get into push up position either on your hands or your elbows and hold that for a minute or more. (no knees)So Fun! I'm going to be getting back into my k-boxing w/o the bag.
You ALWAYS amaze us with your attitude and physical challenges. You are your Father's Daughter !!
Sounds like your workout routine is going well...I love yoga and pilates...I always feel great after doing it! Wish I could be there to scrapbook with ya...that'd be fun! And go ahead and thrown a few ribs on the grill for Josh and I....we'll be there! haha--in spirit!
Hey - that is where Brian is too. Well, he is staying at the Camelback Inn which is technically Paradise Valley but almost Scottsdale. They may pass each other on the road and never know it.
I think you will be awesome in stake YW .But you are great at any calling. I have done the sitting on the wall. Tough stuff. Although my girlfriend out did me at the gym she got busted for her knees not being aligned with her bottom by our other partner. Keep up the hard work!
Post a Comment