Yesterday afternoon, I got a phone call from the middle school's secretary. She said that Cassie had been involved in a head-to-head collision with another girl in last period PE & that the other girl was being transported via ambulance to the hospital. The secretary asked if I had heard from Cassie because they had sent out an all school page for her & Cassie never showed up to the office before the buses left. I had not heard from Cassie, so I had to wait an agonzing 20 minutes for her bus to arrive at the neighborhood bus stop. I ended up calling Chris at work in a total panic! He was driving home when Cassie stepped off the bus. Her right cheek & upper lip were a little swollen, but she was more emotionally upset about what happened, feeling awful for the other girl having to be taken to the hospital. They were playing gym hockey for PE & both girls were going for the ball when they hit heads. Cassie stayed standing up, but the other girl fell backwards & slammed her head on the floor. The substitute PE teacher sent the girl who fell with a friend to the office, but before she could make it to the cafeteria doors, she lost consciousness & fell again. That's when they called for an ambulance. In the meantime, Cassie went to the girl's locker room to get a drink & look at her face. She saw the ambulance as she was leaving PE to catch the bus home. It was pretty traumatic for her to see the other girl on a stretcher with a neck brace on & head taped down. The school called us about 2 hours later & informed us that the girl had a concussion & would be in a neck brace for a while, but she is ok.
When he arrived home, Chris examined Cassie's teeth & face & was such a great moral support for her & I. Then, after prescribing some motrin, he went back to work. Thanks Dr. Beecher!
9 years ago

8 comments:
How frightening! So glad to hear that Cassie is fine.
oh no! Glad she's okay :)
Oh my gosh Christine...how tramatic!!! I'm so glad Cassie is ok...please give her lots of tlc this weekend! Love you!
Oh no..so scary!!! GLad you're ok Cassie!!! THese things happen...hang in there!
Freaky! Cassie, way to stay on your feet :) Feel better! Love ya!
I am sorry you all went through that. How frightening. I hope she feels better soon.
I hope you're feeling better this week, Cassie.
Love,
Uncle Bob
Post a Comment