Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Super Tuesday

We were sitting & eating lunch Saturday & Colin says, "A raccoon!" as he's staring out our sliding glass door. Sure enough, there was a raccoon climbing around the tree line in our backyard. Good eyes Colin!

Grandma & Pa

Craig getting "the look".


Colin melting down upon hearing that Dad wants him to try tasting some salmon. He did eat one bite & survived.

What makes a true super Tuesday is when the day follows a Monday holiday. I just love it when we can "start" off a week one day closer to Friday! : )

Our Memorial Day weekend was terrific & as always went by way too fast. Chris' parents stayed with us on their way back to WA from the OR coast. They brought shrimp & salmon to grill. After Chris finished staining the outer side of the deck, we had a delicious fish bbq. We used cedar planks for the salmon & they turned out awesome.

Early Sunday morning Chris & I buzzed over to Weiser, ID for my niece Briana's HS graduation. I think this was the first HS graduation Chris has been to since his brother Tim's...like about 13 years ago? It was held in the Tacoma Dome big city style. He has never been to a HS graduation Weiser, ID high school gymnasium style. : ) I think he got a kick out of it. We spent the rest of the day gabbing with the other family members who came & met many of the friends who stopped by for Briana's reception. So, my sister Cheri will join the empy nesters here shortly when Briana moves to Provo this summer. Will she & John remain in Weiser? That is the $77 dollar question. : )

Chris & I stayed over night while Chris' parents were home with our kids. THANK YOU Kathy & Wally for allowing us the time alone together! We got up early Monday & cruised back to Newberg. We lost the sunshine when we hit The Dalles. It's good to know that it is possible to get in the car & drive 2 hours east & find sunshine.

After we got home, Chris took Cassie & Craig to Ironman. Colin & I played a few games of Sorry & relaxed for the afternoon.

Cassie & Craig are in school until June 12th. So, we'll hold off another week before we start getting too excited about summer break.

1 comments:

Steph said...

I'm so glad we got to see you guys! Hopefully you and I will get to talk more when we're at the pageant in a few weeks :) I love the $77 question...if only I knew the answer ;)