I wish we were in San Antonio today. I would love to have some fresh guac & chips on the River Walk & then head over to Market Square & shop in the El Mercado & listen to the live music.
We have yet to find a decent Mexican restaurant here in Portland. So, we'll probably have the good ol' standby Chipotle' for dinner. Can we come over for fajitas Josh & Jenni? I think the Spurs are on tonight. : )
It was a BUSY weekend for us. If you tried calling me within the last 4 days & I didn't answer, this is why:
Our kids were out of school Thursday & Friday for parent teacher conferences. Cassie & Craig have straight A's! We are very proud of their efforts academically this school year.
Our ward's youth had their annual fundraiser Saturday. (It took over a week to sort though all the donated "stuff".) We had a garage sale from 7am-1:30pm...due to the rain we ended earlier than we had planned. Later that evening we had a chili cookoff & dessert auction which was extremely successful. All in all, we earned more than enough money to send all the youth to their camps this summer. It was a lot of work, but so worth it in the end.
As the summer months get closer, the stake planning meetings get longer. Things are starting to come together for youth conference & girls camp. Again, it will be a lot of work, but enjoyed in hindsight. I've learned so much from watching & listening to the other leaders who I work with in the stake, gleaning as much as possible from their expertise on effective leadership & team building. Their commitment to the youth program is truly humbling & I see how the Lord has blessed them for it.
The kids & I are in count down mode for summer vacation. I'm planning my annual summer road trip through OR, ID, UT & AZ the last 2 weeks of June. The Beach Boys just came on the radio. It's a sign! We will TRY to make it over to Cali. That SoCal coast is calling me. : )
9 years ago

13 comments:
You haven't told us yet ... Are you stopping by St George on your way to AZ. or are you going the Nevada or California way? IF you are coming this way, we need to get you a room or 2 ... Let us know. Hugs
You did have a crazy week :)
I'll go eat some yummy mexican food for ya!! Can you add Texas onto your list of vacation spots?? You are one busy lady. Happy cinco de mayo.
I didn't even realize it was cinco de mayo until I read your blog this morning ... so I had Matt get us Mexican food for dinner to celebrate it ... thanks for reminding us!
Come on over!!!!! I miss the Mexican food of SA, that's for sure. You are so dedicated to your calling...such a great example! And PLEASE...come to CA!!! We can meet in San Fran at The Cheesecake Factory at the top of Macy's for lunch in Union Square!!!
We were just talking about how the Beechers & the Dunfords should plan a reunion trip to San Antonio....wouldn't that be fun!!
And, hey.....we can't have fajitas because we're Suns fans??? well....we wouldn't want to watch the Spurs anyways....
Love ya!
Sorry about the Spurs LOSSES to the NEW ORLEANS HORNETS:)
How are you guys doing? Aaron and I are doin' awesome;)
You need to call us when you're in Utah - we can go out to eat and visit!
You so should of been here for our Cinco de Mayo blow of food, it was tastey!
could you put some pics of the kids up so we can see them! thank and love you all stevie
Nuestra casa de Ramona es tu casa...Come on down!
Hi Christine - It's Allison (Kristin's next door neighbor) I hope you don't mind me blog hoppin' from the Dunfords ;) I wanted to tell you thanks so much for turning me on to the Nike+ technology! I ordered all the stuff the next day, took a trip to Utah for Womens Conference and it was at my house by the time I got back YEAH! I got to do my first run tonight, only 1 mile but I was dying to see the stats on the website - Pretty COOL! You can even put your goal on your blog... Thanks and it was AWESOME to meet you!
We would love to go to the beach with our ol' beach bums!!! Wow look at all your comments. You are usuallly the only one to comment on my blog! How awesome.
We were just talking about how there's not a decent Mexican restaurant in Spokane, either! You've been busy! I can't wait to see you in June for Briana's pageant...It will be the girl's weekend we were wishing for!
Post a Comment