Friday, May 30, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane

Today, Craig participated in the Newberg School District 5th grade track & field competition. He ran 4 events. He took 4th place in the mile (6:57), 1st place in his 100 meter heat (15.77), 1st place in his 200 meter heat (33.13), and 5th for the boys 4x100 meter relay!

The Mabel Rush boy's relay team! 5th place

200 meter dash

Craig is in lane 5. The boy in lane 4 tried to catch him, but Craig hit the orange string first!

On another note, we've been having an ongoing chess tournament in our house all week. When Colin wants to play, he says, "How 'bout a game of chest!" I love it. He's pretty good for a 5 year old. I almost beat Craig the other day. I'm pretty good for a mOm! : )

9 comments:

Don said...

Way to go Craig! That is so awesome about your races!

Have fun with the chess tournament! Craig should play me a game on-line some time.

Have a great weekend!

Don

Jenni said...

Go Craig!!! And love that Colin is into "Chest"...so cute!

Jack and Charlene said...

WOW Craig ... Very Impressive! You are a great runner. Keep it up so you can set some Newberg Track Records in High School.
This is a Chess Family ... Enjoy & keep Colin going.

Bob said...

Youda man, Craig! A sprinter and a distance runner...Impressive!

Vanessa said...

Athletic, Smart, and Cute...watch out neighborhood girls!

stephensfamily said...

Awesome job Craig!!!

Stephanie said...

Awesome Craig!! I bet he could take me anyday and for Colin - so cute that he likes chess. Cory and I play all the time too but I've never won only tied! I need some of your secrets Colin :o)

The Gatherum Clan! said...

Way to go Craig! I love watching track! I think it is because I always wanted to do it, but I'm a snail! Still, my 3 miles takes me forever!! :) I'm jealous that you placed! :)

Steph said...

There's no doubt that Craig would beat me in a race...there's also no doubt in my mind that Colin would beat me at 'Chest'!! :)