January is my least favorite month of the year. Thank goodness there's only a couple of days left of it. We woke up today to fog & cold. UGH! Just yesterday I was standing at the bus stop waiting for Colin to come home & the sunshine peeked out from behind the clouds & it felt SO warm. Oh how the weather teases us!
It's hard not to get into the spirit of Spring early. The stores have their Easter candy out already & most of the clothing racks have switched over to capris & t-shirts....bikinis if you go to Target. I started my spring house cleaning this week. I've been busy going through files, drawers & closets tossing the old & unimportant stuff. Today the carpets got a professional cleaning. The windows all need to be washed inside & out, but it's just been too darn cold & wet to get it done. Of course, the back yard has been neglected for months. It just hasn't dried out enough for us to work back there without clumping our shoes full of mud. So, some things will wait until warmer & drier days officially arrive.
As the kids' school year is quickly approaching 100 days, many of the parent volunteers have fizzled out. Since I love to "play school" so much, I added a few more days helping in Colin's class on my February calendar. Being able to spend so much time helping in the classroom has really motivated me to get started on my college degree again. Hopefully it will all work out that I can do so in the fall. I need to look into a couple of local community colleges & get my paperwork in.
I'm still plugging away at girl's camp & stake youth activity planning. Some days I'm more inspired than others. I just keep reminding myself that the Lord will not let the youth program fail no matter what the theme or dessert is.
All three kids are doing wonderful & staying busy with friends, school & sports. Chris is signed up for a bike ride in Solvang, CA in early March. We are going to take a family vacation around the same time & are all really excited to get away & play. We hope we can see & visit as many of you as possible along our route.
9 years ago

5 comments:
We love catching up on your busy life. Sorry about the all the cold and rain. You are your Father's Daughter .. He feels sooo sorry for you!!
We are excited for you to get that Degree and be the Teacher, not just assisting. We have always known where your talent & skills lie.
Hey girl,Are you guys coming our way too? Solvang is not to far from here !
Ah, yes the icky willamette valley winters. I'm not much of a fan myself. May/June makes it all worthwhile though. Thankfully we are a super busy bunch too, so we don't think too much abut the weather. You're welcome to stop by for a pit stop and a snack on your way down I-5! Best wishes on going back to school. I've thought of checking out the MAT program here at UO but we'll have to pay for Terry's MBA first. sigh.
I hear ya about the weather...such a tease! THis week it has been sunny again but chilly. Can't wait for warm weather again! If you come down our way again please let me know! We'd love to see you!!!
Can't wait to see you guys! It seems like so far away! But, like everything, it will come up quickly, I hope! I know I keep saying it, but we need to coordinate! It'll be so much fun!
Post a Comment