While I'm sitting here watching the first round of college hoops, I thought I'd do a quick post about the fun times we've had in California this week.
We arrived in Solvang last Friday. Kathy & Wally had made a delicious dinner & I feel in love with Wally's risotto. The Dunford's hooked up with us that evening. The boys & I had a slumber party with Kristin & her kiddos in Lompoc, while the others got much needed rest at the Solvang pad.
Saturday was the big ride.
It was a cloudy, chilly day. But, this was probably a good thing for the riders. We met our biking men at the Lompoc & Santa Maria stops. I was surprised how many riders there were! The kids enjoyed playing at the park in Santa Maria. There were a whole bunch of ducks & geese.
Chris & Jens came across the finish line in Solvang around 3pm & Wally shortly after. 100 miles! Way to go guys!!!
Sunday, we headed further down the coast with the Dunford crew to Camarillo. Our cyclists unloaded there & did another ride along the PCH to Malibu. We caught up with them at Zuma & spent the rest of the afternoon decompressing on the beach with the kids. It was wonderful to soak up the sun! We had another slumber party; kids watched a movie & the adults digested all the college tourny info off of ESPN.
Monday, the Dunfords headed back to AZ. It was fantastic to see you guys! Good times : )!
It was a perfect day for another trip to the beach, so we went back to Zuma. Some of us got a little burned, but it was worth it.
Tuesday, Chris did another long bike ride. I met up with the infamous Simi stake women's basketball league players & played some ball. It was a blast! In the afternoon, we drove down to Ramona to the Putnam Spa & Resort. We enjoyed visiting with Bob & watching American Idol together.
Wednesday, Chris did another long bike ride. It was 80 degrees...perfect day for the pool & laying out. The kids played in the pool most of the day. We bbq'd & watched the AI results. I quickly filled out my brackets before the deadline & got more lost watching LOST.
Thursday... It is another balmy day in Ramona. Bob & Mel's place is truly paradise. It will be hard to leave tomorrow.
I'm starting to get nervous...Some of these early games are screwing up my brackets already! Hence, the "madness".
9 years ago

3 comments:
*sigh* I wish that I was there, too! I want to see pictures from your trip!
We had so much fun hanging out with you! Never long enough!!!
I'm glad you got lots of sun,beach and pool time! You deserve it!!
Hope it was a pleasant enough trip back! Love you guys and miss you already!
p.s.
Thanks for adding my button to your blog! You're awesome!
Post a Comment