Monday, August 17, 2009

Tri-ing Their Best!

Cassie did her first sprint-triathlon this past weekend in Cottage Grove. She was AMAZING! Out of about 30 participants, she finished 6th and completed the tri in 48 minutes!
700 yard swim/7 mile bike/2 mile run.
She had a great time and looks forward to competing in more triathlons again next spring.
High school water polo begins bright and early Monday. ; )

Chris & his dad rode the Vine Ride Saturday; 100 miles around Willamette wine country.
Next ride: Tour de Tucson in November!



7 comments:

Jack and Charlene said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!
Great pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Jenni said...

GO Cassie!!! You rock girl!!

Steph said...

wow!--Cassie is my athletic hero!

Rachel Lund said...

Yay Cassie! You are my inspiration...I am doing my first sprint-tri next Saturday. 1/4 mi swim/ 10 mile bike/ 3.2 run. I don't think I'll do that in 48 min! :) Way to go!!!

Bob said...

Cassie,

Which Olympic sport are you training for? Only three years away.

The Richardsons said...

Very impressive! You guys have better hobbies than I do!

The Dunford Family said...

Cassie, Way To Go! You are SO Beautiful and So Very Tough!
You Rock! You ARE a Rock! You'll have to be to keep all those boys away!!!
Miss you all so much! Hope we'll be seeing you in Tucson, right?!!!