It was a spiritually uplifting weekend! Chris & I made it over to the LA Temple Friday evening. The traffic was light going into Santa Monica. We heard that maybe that was attributed to Rosh Hashanna. There was a great turn out for the 7:30 session. The rooms are HUGE! I would guess that there were 175 in our session. It was also the first time Chris & I had seen the ASL & closed captioning on the TV monitors. We enjoyed that.
Saturday we washed cars & watched football. I went to the General Reief Society broadcast that evening. Chris took the kids to a local HS football game. The broadcast was wonderful! I want to get a copy of that music. I'm sure I can find it somewhere online. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the broadcast:
"Once you feel the Savior's love, be willing to share it."
"The Lord has helped me turn negatives into positives."
"Find the Lord in the details of your life."
"Our families need us to speak PEACE."
"LDS stands for love, devotion & service."
"Relief Society stands for love, education, self-reliance, sacrifice, faith & tithing."
A verse by Anne Campbell written for her children:
You are the trip I did not take.
You are the pearls I cannot buy.
You are my blue Italian lake.
You are my piece of foreign sky.
9 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment