The Must List has a substitute post this week. Some of you will like the "sub" & others will go home crying & eagerly await the return of the original next week. I've been "tagged" by my friend Jeni. This is when someone challenges you to complete a task. My challenge is to list 7 lovely or good things about my life other than the obvious (family, friends, etc.). Here's what I came up with (in no particular order):
1. Hot water. There's nothing like a nice hot shower or bath, especially after a good work-out or a restless night's sleep.
2. My vivid dreams & being able to remember them (for the most part) when I wake up. Sometimes I have such great dreams & I don't want to wake up!
3. The fact that my hair is resiliant. I have permed, cut, colored, flat-ironed, blow-dried, teased & curled my hair to death over the years & still have a healthy head of hair! In reference to my "wedding day" hairdo...that was my sister's idea!!! I had BIG HAIR anyway & had no clue how to make the veil work with it. I also wore WAAAAYYYY too much make-up that day. I should have taken that wedding day make-over class.
4. Clean floors......freshly vacuumed house carpet & car mats & shiny kitchen floors. My kids have been trained very well to only bring clean feet in the house & car. I like knowing I can lay on my floor with no worries.
5. The internet has had the greatest impact on my life the past 10 years. It has given me an outlet to so many things that every stay-at-home mom needs & can do with a child on her lap: shop, chat, email friends, news, weather, sports, mapquest, reservations, yellow pages, web md, online photo, IDEAS, ideas, ideas, science report helps, pay bills, admission prices for the local zoo, etc. It is not a lovely or good day if I can't access the internet!
6. Which leads me to my ipod & music. I love music. I love to hear it, sing it, play it, buy it, collect it & especially take it everywhere I go. I can hook my ipod up through my car speakers, or the stereo speakers at home. Headphones the rest of the time. Our new house has built-in ceiling speakers! I can't wait to rock out while doing my house cleaning! "And she will have music wherever she goes." (I think that's a line from the movie Sabrina)
7. Knowing a good thing when I see it. I see myself as a perceptive person. I think I read people very well & can be too judgemental at times. But my instincts are a part of my defense mechanism which has kept me out of "trouble" many times. I make quick & non-regretable shopping choices. I choose good dishes off restaurant menus. I'm most proud of the people I've chosen to be part of my life.
Thank you Jeni for giving me the opportunity to see the good in my life. You are the epitomy of positive thinking! I feel like we hang out everyday with the blogs. Thank you for sharing your scrapbook ideas, your mommy experiences, your medical dramas & weekend adventures...right down to the flavor Jamba Juice you order. :-) You are a gem! Good luck with your move! Can't wait to read about it!
Now it's my turn to tag somebody to list 7 lovely things about their life. I tag my friend Kristin because as her son Briggs would say, "She has her good moments." :-))) Let's see those good moments come shining through! I miss you Kristin.
9 years ago

3 comments:
Ahhh--you're gonna make me tear-up!!! I know--funny how your friendships can live on so well with the help of the internet...love that! Great list...I also love i-tunes. It's so fun to see what the free single of the week is!
I knew you would do that to me!
I knew you would do that to me!
Post a Comment