Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ashland Adventure

This past week I was in Ashland, OR with the 4th year level girls from Mac Stake. We had a terrific week filled with many adventures. The weather was perfect & the scenery spectacular. Thursday we hiked a portion of the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) starting from the Grouse Gap snow shelter & headed south for an hour. We were able to see Mt. Shasta barely through the smoke haze. But, the flowers & valley views provided much eye candy along the trail. In this particular photo, Mt. Ashland is directly behind me. We had an excellent view of it.


Instead of hiking up to Mt. Ashland's summit we just drove. So, here we are at the top. You can see a long ways into Ashland, Medford & Central Point. The wind was a little chilly on the peak. I looked down at some of the snow runs. Too scary for me. There are a couple of snow patches left in the shady areas. From left to right: Me, Janelle (stake camp director), Britt (4th yr. ldr.), & Adrienne (stk YW pres.). What an awesome group of women to work with!

Some of the girls took turns sitting in the ski-lift chairs. I was too paranoid that someone down below would start the lift the minute I got in one, so I didn't chance it. : )

Wednesday, we did a bike ride starting from Bear Creek Park in Medford & rode 6.5 miles to the temple in Central Point. That's one of my favorite things about Ashland/Medford are all the paved bike paths! Some of us biked back to Bear Creek Park & in total did a 14-miler.


These girls are my buddies. I was so impressed with their maturity & willingness to always pitch in & help when needed. They filled me in on all the teenage romance going on in Newberg. Very interesting! I can't wait to spend another week with them at girl's camp next week!

Other Ashland adventure highlights:

Lithia Park

Earthcapades show

Emigrant Lake & water slides

The Vortex (house of mystery!)

Dot, the old lady with purple hair : )

Lithia water

trampoline expiration

Full moons!

Lazer light shows on the chandilier

Jupiter & the few stars we could see (because of the full moon)

10pm cookie/brownie bake-offs

Maffia

Disney movies

spiders

Following my GPS & still getting directions messed up!

Finding a tick in Bro. F's ear

Tie-dye & peace signs

New friendships!

2 comments:

Tania said...

Gotta love that Lithia water! ;D

I have a memory for ya'...Remember when we would swing on the swings and sing Primary songs at the top of our lungs? We even sang together at a nursing home once. I think we sang "Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime." I remember not know that song before and having to learn it. I also remember the McD's birthday party. Many, many, many years ago.

Jack and Charlene said...

Beautiful Pictures. Thanks for sharing the High Adventure with us. We were with you in Spirit. You are doing a Great job with your service to the YW and leaders.