Monday, July 14, 2008

The Best July Ever!

It's only half-way through the month of July & already we have had one of the best summer breaks ever! Our BFF's the Dunford family have been visiting us the last 10 days. Jens came up to do the infamous STP with Chris this year. They both finished the 204 mile ride yesterday under gorgeous, sunny skies from Seattle to Portland. They departed the starting line at U of Washington about 4:45am & came across the finish line at Holladay Park in Portland at 6:15pm. Chris will post all the exact details on his blog. Chris' dad Wally did the ride as well & finished just after 8pm. How many years have you done it Wally? You are remarkable!
Friday, the adults, the baby, Craig & Briggs spent the day in Seattle sight-seeing. Cassie stayed in Newberg with the remainder of the crew. The guys got their own hotel room so they could sleep "undisturbed" & depart early for their bike ride. We stayed at a nice hotel near UW. The weather was AMAZING in Seattle. I had never been there on such a crystal clear day before. We could see Rainer, the Olympics, the skyline...everything so clearly. As always, we wished we had more time to do more while we were downtown. We did make it to Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, REI, and Northgate Mall.
As you will see in the pictures below we packed in as much as we could in a week's visit: the Oregon Coast, Portland Zoo, movies, eating out, shopping, playing, playing & more playing! We truly have had a terrific time with the Dunfords & look forward to checking off more "bucket list" items with them in the future!
Chris' nephews Alex & Mo drove up from Louisiana for the 4th of July at the Beecher Homestead in WA. We went to a Rainer's game with them & Chris' brothers & Dad. The fireworks were great! We BBQ'd the next day, played an intense game of 2-hand touch football with Alex & Mo & then headed to the airport to meet up with the Dunfords. Thanks A & M for making the trek out to see us! We love you & miss you!
This week I'm off to Ashland with the 4th year girls in our stake for some hiking, biking & star gazing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering how the Dunford's trip is going - so I thought I will check your blog.... and sure enough I found out what a wonderful time you all had.
Thank you for putting up these wonderful pictures - I always enjoy reading your blog. This way I found out how the STP went for the guys. I am glad you all had such a great time. Great pictures. We had plenty of RAIN here in the valley and hope Jens' pool did not get flooded.
Love and hugs
Oma Babsi (Jens' Mom)

stephensfamily said...

What a great time! It's so fun to have friends visit. You are such a fun family to be around also. I am glad you guys made some good memories.

Bob said...

Great pictures and update, Christine!

Jenni said...

Have fun at camp Christine!!! Love all the pictures!