Tuesday, February 10, 2009

'ibelieve' in Alpine!

Saturday, our stake YW presidency took a road trip down to visit our 2009 girl's camp venue, Camp Alpine, just south of Corvallis. Our theme is going to be "iam". The girls will write different things they do during the week at camp like, icanoe, iswim, ihike, etc. We found this rock near the mini-waterfall at camp. It says, "I BELIEVE". Isn't that cool!!!!

There are no flushing toilets there. We are going to show this picture to the girls & leaders to get them REALLY excited about camp! What we won't tell them is that this is the only pair of toilets in the whole camp that don't come with 4 walls & a roof. ; )

Salamanders live there. Or are they newts???
Below is a front view of the camp. The kitchen/eating hall is on the left. The campgrounds are in the trees surrounding the meadow.

We took an extra 10 mile drive up the road to Alsea Falls.





6 comments:

Tania said...

Yay! I'm glad you liked it! We've spent many hours there. Fun!!

Bella Graphiks LLC said...

wow...it was meant to be!! That's incredible....ibelieve in you!!

Jack and Charlene said...

I was about to make my comments this morning, when I got the blinking Chat that ment I had to get back to my Mission work. But I just wanted to say..."Please can I go to Camp with you this Summer??" It is soooooo beautiful and green, with the lovely Oregon Evergreens and clear water. Of course your Dad is afraid IF I come to Oregon again I will never come back to dry, hot, sunny, SG.!!

Ben N Nessa said...

Looks so fun! Those toilets would freak me out ;)

The Dunford Family said...

Looks like you'll have so much fun! I'm glad you got it worked out! You're Awesome! Can't wait to see you guys! We're counting down the days!!!

The Dunford Family said...

Where did you go? I feel like your M.I.A.