Friday, April 20, 2007

Bobbed



I've been wanting to do this for a long time. I finally got enough guts to go through with it after seeing my friend Julie's new short do. The bike helmet works much better now. And the styling time is cut in half! It was the lift I needed for spring. Colin went with me for the 3 hour process. The ladies at the salon love him, but he won't talk to them. He puts on the whole shy act for them. He was a really great sport to sit that long. I took the portable DVD player & all the handheld games I could find that were charged. He even played a few of my cell phone games. I just love portable electronics!

Craig went on a field trip to the Bonneville Dam & fish hatchery yesterday with his 4th grade class. He LOVED it! I wish he could've taken a camera along. It was an awesome day weather-wise as well, so he had an outstanding adventure. I can see his inherited love for engineering already shining through.
Chris & I took advantage of the rain-free conditions & baseball-free schedule last night as well & did our routine 20 mile loop. I'm learning that the secret to re-clipping back in to the pedals is to be in a lower gear. I also need to eat before we ride. My favorite place to ride is on an old farm road with about 1 car every 20 minutes. The hard part is getting to that road from our house. You have to cross 2 bridges on a relatively busy highway. We tried to find a place to park the car on the other side, but it's tricky with all the farms & muddy fields. I'm still waiting for the day we do the 40 mile loop around the city of Portland. We were downtown last Saturday & saw a lot of cyclists riding.
We have a busy weekend filled with baseball & water polo games. Woo hoo!!!


4 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh--oh my gosh--oh my gosh!!! You are such a hottie!!! I LOVE this new do on you!!! It's so cute! And what a little man COllin is...Caden would have destroyed the place in 20 minutes...thanks for showing us your cute hair!!!

Jenni said...

just realized I spelled Colin's name wrong--sorry!!!

Jill said...

you are so cute in that cut! Way to go and I am so excited for your cycling adventures! I can't wait to see you in June!

Nate and Liz said...

Hey Aunt Christine! I think your hair is SO cute. I keep wanting to get mine cut, but Nate says NO way! :) And you are SO skinny! Whats your secret ???