Monday, September 17, 2007

Bye, Bye Indian Summer

Just a week ago, it was 90 degrees here & sunny! We were sporting our shorts & t-shirt attire & breaking a major sweat on our afternoon run & ride. Well, that was short-lived & by last Friday night, I was sitting on the sidelines at Craig's football game shivering. I think it was like 65 degrees, but I'm still climatized for those 90's & never got acclimated to this NW cool+damp zone. When it's 80% humidity & below 75, it feels cool! I'm thin-blooded as it is. It drizzled all weekend & maybe made it above 70. The leaves out in the forest behind us are starting to turn those autumn hues.

We now have a real dining room table with high back chairs thanks to Chris' parents who passed them on to us! Now we can entertain guests & all sit down to eat at the same table. All are invited to come dine with us!

I was called as the first counselor in Primary yesterday! It's not my dream calling of being the chorister, but it will be great. I'll just do a lot of singing activities during my sharing times. I LOVE PRIMARY! This past year I've been the 8 year old teacher & in Junior Primary with Colin. Now I will get to know the Senior Primary & get to keep my eye on Craig & Colin each Sunday.

Craig has another game tonight. I will try to capture some pics of him & post later. I will also be taking my blanket with me.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

congrats on the new calling---you'll be awesome! Collin will love having "mom" up front! And I'll be over for dinner tonight k! =)

The Dunford Family said...

I think Primary Counselor is an awesome calling and I know you'll be awesome!
Ahhh! That weather sounds nice to me! Can I come sit on your porch and freeze and eat at your new dining table???? I'l love that!
Miss you guys!!!

Jill said...

Congrats Christine on your new calling, you will do great and are an inspiration to me. Enjoy the fall, we are still in 90+ with 90% humidity! What is fall like? I can't remember! Give the kids a hug for me! Jill