
There's nothing like walking into your house after the first day of school to the smell of cookies baking in the oven. Colin likes his with milk.

They are so delicious right out of the oven. Mmmmmm.

You can't eat just one. I ate 4 in less than 2 minutes.

Cassie got her 7th grade haircut today. She is STYLIN'!

For years I've struggled finding that perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe...the one that makes thick, soft, chewy, almost like eating cookie dough kind of cookie. I had a very wonderful friend in San Antonio who would bring me these "cookies of perfection" & she so kindly shared her formula with me. I don't think she'll mind if I share it here because it is definitely a top 5 recipe.
Jenni Smith's "Step away from the cookie jar!" Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup crisco
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk choc. chips
1/2 cup toffee bits (optional...but so worth it!)
375*
11 minutes (do NOT over bake...they will still be a little doughy)
rest on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing
I still think they taste better when Jenni makes them personally & then delivers them to me in a decorative treat bag with a homemade card attached & stays for a while to chat. :-)
4 comments:
YMMMMMMMMMMM !!! Wish I could have enjoyed the smell & taste too.
Cassie, Cute Hair Cut !!! You are looking toooooo grown up.
You're cracking me up! They look so yummy!!! I wish I could come over to chat! Cassie is adorable with that haircut!!! She looks like a true teenager in waiting! Hope the first day of school went well for all...miss you!
After-school c.c. cookies are the best! I think I might have to try that recipe....my cousins are all so grown up. I really like Cassie's hair, she's so pretty!
Cassie looks so grown up and so beautiful. Colin and Craig are just getting too big and too handsome! And those cookies don't look bad either! So, do they like school? Are they happy to be back? Are you?
Post a Comment