Cassie & I had a wonderful week at girls camp! This year's theme:"Born to Lead; Born for Glory"
with a lot of Olympic ingredients. Instead of giving out t-shirts, we did matching jackets which everyone loved. It was a little on the chilly side all week, so the jackets were useful too! Each ward chose a country to represent while at camp. It was interesting what they picked: Kenya, Samoa, Japan, Italy, France, Phillipines, Germany & Sweden. The stake leaders were Greece & our 7th years were USA. Everyone had a big flag to carry & post at their cabin sites. We had a fun opening ceremony where we lit some torches & each ward performed. Our stake YW's ended up ripping off our togas & dancing to Grease Lightning (the karaoke version). The girls went crazy! They loved it! I hope to see it on video someday...or youtube. : ) On our stake YW's fireside night, we performed a syncronized swimming routine for the girls. Now that's another video I hope to see as well. What a great experience it was to work with such talented & amazing leaders all week! Words cannot describe...you had to be there.
Here's Adrienne & I getting pumped up for camp. She is an amazing stake YW's president. I really enjoy serving with her & keeping it light. We were sitting & goofing off on these drums that are in the lodge & started brainstorming for next year's camp theme. She is a lot like me in the sense that we love to think of the ideas & then let everyone else do the work. : )
Here we are in those fabulous jackets. Since I was a leader, I got my name stitched on mine. : ) Notice the 7 rings which represent the YW values. We had lanyards with our pictures. Throughout the week, the leaders & girls earned pins to put on their lanyards. Some traded country flag pins the first day, but after that, most girls decided they wanted to keep what they had & not trade.
This is my good buddy Dawn. She is in my ward & was Cassie's 2nd year certification leader. We are getting ready to head down to the opening ceremony with our Greek flag & toga attire. I had my pink poodle skirt & jean jacket hiding under my toga. I should have worn a colored sheet to conceal them better. Ah well. It's all good.
I went on the hike to 60-ft. falls with Cassie's 2nd year group. It was beautiful!
Other highlights of girls camp:
-The church purchased this camp days before we got there. The name is officially changing from Camp Kilowan to Camp Cumorah! I'm brainstorming Book of Mormon themes for next year's camp!
-3-4 hour a night sleep.
-Loved the stake leader house we got to stay in! Hot showers, carpet, cots, kitchen & late night discussions.
-Drove a 4-wheeler for the first time in my life!
-Being told by about every leader how wonderful my daughter Cassie is. : )
-Great food.
-Constant hugs from the girls.
-Being camp craft lady this year!!! LOVED it!
-Playing with Adrienne's laser pointer.
-Watching Cassie do the flag ceremony a few times.
-New friendships with other leaders & hearing about Cassie's new friends from other wards.
-Friday frighty's.
-Hot pink lipstick.
-Chris telling me how much he enjoyed hanging with the boys all week!!!! Isn't he the BEST! : )
It's the last month of summer vacation. : ( I'm trying to fit in all the leftover activities I haven't done yet before Labor Day. Craig starts football today! Cassie left with her best friend, Geni & all the girl cousins in Geni's family to go camping up on Mt. Hood for the week. So, it's just me & the boys.

9 comments:
What a fun time at camp! Looks like you had loads of fun ... now you just have to catch up on sleep!
Love you!
Don
Love the pics...looks like such a fun time..what great memories!!
Christine! Looks like you had a blast. I just got put in as YW president, so I am going to need lots and lots... did I mention lots? of tips for fun activities for camp! Better yet, you should come out to Utah and come to camp with me!
Sounds like a fabulous week!!! I wanna see some of these crafts you made!!! You and Cassie are looking so cute!
The Girls Camps that I attended with Nyssa & Ontario Stakes over many years .. were NEVER like your McMinville Stake's !! WOW you do truly go alllllll out for the YW. They are very blessed to have such Great Leaders. Thanks for sharing ...
Sounds like it was great!
How fun! It looks beautiful! I am glad you got to go.
Glad you had fun girls! You talk about all the amazing leaders at camp Christine, and you are pretty amazing yourself! It sounds like you had a great time!
WOW!! Would of loved to do that hike too w/ya. Looks wonderful. Love all your pictures.
Post a Comment