Monday, August 11, 2008

Gorge Ride

Saturday, Chris & I did a bike ride with 3 other couples along one of the scenic routes in the Columbia Gorge. We started in Troutdale, had lunch at the Multnomah Falls lodge, stopped at the view point & other waterfalls along the way & ended back in Troutdale to total out the 35 mile loop. It had rained the night before & it was a little on the chilly side. It has yet to be 90+ for two straight days here in Newberg. Just thought I'd rub that in. That may happen this week though. Oh yeah baby!

Craig had a great first week of football conditioning. Friday they named the teams & Craig got on pretty much the opposite team he was on last year. It's ok though. He'll get to know a new coach & new boys. So, the practices continue everyday 5:30-7:30 for the remainder of summer.
Cassie decided to come home after a week of camping on Mt. Hood with her friends. She had a great time & is really tan. She's been out picking wild blackberries all weekend. Hopefully I'll get some jam done today.
This Saturday is the famous Tour de Stake bike ride. 64 miles! Cassie, Chris & I are all in.

8 comments:

Jack and Charlene said...

Beautiful Columbia Gorge!
Happy 64 mile Tour-de-Stake this weekend. We look forward to pictures !!

Jenni said...

The scenery up there is always so darn amazing!!! GOod luck on the ride this weekend...have fun!

Jordan said...

Football! I LOVE Football. In fact I am watching MNF right now! I bet they are going to call Craig the Horrible Head Hunter. Good luck Craig, and enjoy the best time of the year!

stephensfamily said...

You go girl!! How cool to have all three of you ride together.

Cheri said...

Oh my gosh Christine...that looks like so much fun...lots of work too...I would be way out of shape! hehehe....work went great...I just love to organize for the beginning of the school year! Send Cassie on down...I need her to sell Red Wave Shirts for me for Registration this week! wink wink...love ya...

Bob said...

You're having too much fun, Christine! Enjoy the wonders of Oregon for us.

Tania said...

Great photos! That last one looks familiar. Isn't Oregon beautiful? We spent the afternoon at the lake and it was sooo gorgeous! Love it here!

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful place!! Good luck with the ride! Go Craig!! I love that football season is staring. Love this time of year.