Friday, September 05, 2008

2-4-6-8!

First, I must say that it was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be to send Colin to school, especially via the bus. He has PM kindergarten & the bus picks him up right in front of our house. Only like 5 kids ride this bus. So, that's not so bad. After he got on & the bus drove off down the street & around the corner, I just could not go back inside the house. I threw on my running shoes & ran for 30 minutes. Flushing those toxins away is a VERY good thing. I spent my 3 hours showering, eating, watching Y&R, talking to my Mom & finishing the last 2 chapters of Breaking Dawn.
Ok, here's my two cents about that:
I picked up Twilight about one month ago & started in on the series of books that the YW around here have been talking non-stop about. The storyline was good in the beginning. I got into the 2nd book, New Moon. The storyline was starting to get boring. I kept reading through the 3rd book, Eclipse. Ummmm.....this book dragged! I finished the book though & decided I didn't just waste a whole month on this series & not finish it out strong. So, I dug into the 4th book, Breaking Dawn. When Edward "bit" Bella, it was so anticlimatic! Ugh! For the remainder of the book, I just skimmed the "necessary" parts to understand how it was going to end (which was also very anticlimatic). After listening to all the buzz this past year about these books, I think I set the bar a little too high before I actually got to reading. At the same time, I really am excited to see the movie in November! Twilight, the first book, was the best.
Back to Colin:
3 hours later, I waited at the official bus stop which is about a block away from our house to meet him off the bus. As the bus approached the corner I was at, I could see Colin's little smiling-beaming face through the window of the 2nd row seat. When the bus stopped, Colin hopped right up & dashed down the steps jumping right into my arms. He had a great first day, but couldn't remember any names of the kids in his class. Once we got inside the house, he washed up & then ran upstairs to play his games. He's going to be fine! First day down, thousands more to go. I set up a lunch date with Chris for my 3 hour block today. I'll be fine too!
Now to the 2-4-6-8:
Cassie is currently a size 2. She is 5'6...taller than me. We can share eachother's clothes, except for the pants, because I'm currently a size 7. I refuse to say 8 because I bust my butt to be a 6. With all the summer fun I've had the last several weeks, I've been creeping back up to that 8. What's more depressing is that before summer started, I reached my size 4 goal. So, I know it is possible for me to do it. It just takes a lot of discipline on both sides of diet & exercise. I'm recommitting myself to trend more towards the 4 & away from the 8. I know some of you will be reading this rolling your eyes. Hey! Isn't that what having a blog is about? To make eyes roll? : )

6 comments:

Jack and Charlene said...

You just make me laugh & cry at the same time. Thanks for the insights and for the "Colin" report.. I think I was more nervous than you !!!!

Stephanie said...

Wow! I cried just sending Reese to preschool this year. I even went for a run too and still have 2 kids at home...whats up with me?? That is great that Colin had a great first day. He'll be such a good student. And for the size 4, I'm not rolling my eyes - I'm saying YOU GO GIRL!!! Even when I exercise and diet the size 4 thing just doesn't come. Oh well - I blame that on me pushing 30. Maybe after 30, I'll drop a size. A girl can dream right - I'll just keep trying.

Jenni said...

Yay--so glad Colin had a great first day--and that you survived too!!! Enjoy your free time...lots of time to run your way back to sz 4!!! Love the enthusiams!!! You looked so great when I saw you this summer, by the way!!!

Bob said...

Welcome to academia, Colin! Love your posts, Christine.

Jill said...

Ya, my eyes were rolling! You are amazing! I am glad Colin is happy! First day of thousands is right isn't it? Crazy how they grow. Enjoy your 3 hour break each day!

stephensfamily said...

I love the pears and I am jealous that you are going to make pear jam! I wish I could make it with you. I think Kindergarten is one of the toughest mom things we do. Plus there's something about your last one going. I am not looking forward to that next year. You looked awesome when I saw you this summer and always have. But if you want to be a 4 set your goals and go for it girl!