Sunday, December 07, 2008

Two Planets

We've been fortunate this past week to have had a break in the clouds at night so we could see the moon, Venus & Jupiter together. Although the temps were brisk, we had a few days of dry weather which a lot of people in the area took advantage of & put up Christmas lights. Our neighborhood looks very festive.

I volunteered at both schools this week. I worked at the book fair at the middle school a couple of days & was in Colin's class the other days. Colin made several really cute Christmas crafts. He is really getting into the magic of the season & is also counting down the days until his birthday!

Today I was set apart as stake camp director. They are letting me keep my stake YW secretary calling as well. I was up half the nights this past week thinking up camp themes, skits & other ideas. I really love girls camp! Our family is going to have a VERY busy summer in '09. Time to start filling in the calendar with bike races, scout camps, EFY, road trips to AZ & 4th year hikes!

Craig & Coach Chris had their first basketball game yesterday. They lost a tight one 27-26. I got to keep score & stats. But, I didn't get a chance to take pictures. I had so much fun watching both of them though! They are so competitive.

Craig turns the big "12" this week. Next Sunday he's receiving the Priesthood. It's a big week!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

OMG, what a perfect calling for you!!!! See, I told you ONE DAY you would be the one in charge and be calling the shots!!! Girl, you should have listened!!! =) Congrats!! You'll do awesome!!!

The Richardsons said...

I am so not jealous of your camp calling. Our stake YW presidency is the camp committee for our camp leader--and that is might enough for me, thanks! You will do a most fabulous job. Got a theme yet?

Corinne said...

You will be so great at that calling!Better you then me though!Our stake is actually doing girls camp during spring break this coming year.We will see how that goes.Good luck with it and happy theme thinking and skit producing!

Jill said...

Wow, Congratulations Craig! 12 is a big year. Christine, you will be a wonderful stake camp director, aren't those girls lucky!