Hope all you football fans were pleased with the outcomes of this weekend's games. This year I've become a big LSU fan. They've put on an outstanding 4th quarter battle in almost every game this season. Great job to the Ducks for disappointing those Devils...sorry J & K. I'm not too fond of Coach Erickson & you'll probably land Jack Elway next year on your roster, so I'm sure you'll have your share of Pac 10 glory in the coming years. And last but not least, WOO HOO PATS! Way to punish PM. I can't stand him & won't print his name on my blog. Ok, I'm done gloating...about my football teams anyway. :-)
Chris' parents came down to visit for the weekend. We had gorgeous weather for them. Chris & his dad put in some miles on the bikes while the girls went shopping. During the afternoon we took advantage of the balmy sunshine & threw the bikes on the racks & headed over to Champoeg Park. Everyone rode their bike but me. I chose the running shoes. There happened to be a running event in progress there. It was the Autumn Leaves 50/50. You choose to run 50 miles or 50k. We saw the big clock & the people that were still out running at 3pm had been running for over 9 hours! I was in awe & the runners weren't young. Most of them (I saw about 20) were in their 40-50's I would guess. Anyway, the park & trail was drenched in fall leaves. It was surreal to see such rich colors with the smell of the Willamette River & freshly topped onions from the nearby farms hanging in the air. I was impressed with Kathy. She rode her own bike which she recently bought herself & kept up with the kids quite well. Chris stayed near Colin. When we first started on the trail, there was a downhill slope & Colin headed down on his own. He forgot how to use his brakes, so he steered off the trail into the grass & trees until he stopped. We were so relieved that he didn't run into a tree. After that, we refreshed his memory on the use of bike brakes & he ended up riding about 4 miles in all!
I'm off to enjoy the sun while it lasts. The rain moves in on Wednesday. : (
9 years ago

3 comments:
What a NEAT time. That is what we miss ... walking in the colorful tress in the Autumn, kicking the leaves, and enjoying the smells of the Fall season. Such a descriptive report !!
glad you got to enjoy the last glimpse of fall before the rain sets in. Even though I love you, I don't love your teams. I hated watching LSU pull the win and am hoping that the consequences of cheating will catch up to the Patriots soon. :)
It sounds so pretty up there...I wanna come visit one day!
Post a Comment