Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Back in the Groove

It's been hard coming off vacation! The weather has been wet & cold. Cassie & Craig finally caught up with all their school work. I managed to scrub the bathrooms & make it to the store to get food for the cupboards. The laundry is still piled up though. Chris put in the extra long hours at work on Monday. I drove into Tualatin & had a bite to eat with him. As I was sitting in his office I noticed his wall calendar was still opened to October! He laughed as I pointed it out & explained that he had only been in his office 6 days in November because he was either on a business trip or vacation for the better part of the month. It hit me that he was probably the one having the hardest time getting into a groove since coming back from AZ! Poor guy. I know he still daydreams about riding on the sunny highways in the desert/w Jens.

It gets dark so early here now. The sun sets around 4:30 pm & the daylight disappears more quickly each day especially with the cloud cover. I took advantage of a break in the rain yesterday afternoon & ran for about 30 minutes. I froze my legs off! I almost beat my record mile time just because I was trying to get back home & warm up, but my legs were so numb that I couldn't feel how hard to push myself. I'm not looking forward to the next 3 months of 30-40 degree temps.

We have an exciting weekend ahead. Kristin is flying in for a 24 hour visit tomorrow! She wants to come freeze & drink hot chocolate with me in Portland. : ) Craig is getting his Arrow of Light tomorrow night. He attends his last Cub Scout den meeting today. We're so proud of him for completing all his requirements in Cubs over the years. Now he'll start going to the church with Chris & Cassie on Mutual nights for Boy Scouts! Yea! Chris' work party is Saturday evening. I love getting all dressed up to go out. Chris makes me look good. Somewhere in all of this we will get our Christmas tree up. Chris braved the cold last Saturday & got all the lights up on the house. As one of our neighbors put it, "it looks Griswoldish." Yeah, right. It looks AWESOME! I'll take some pics & post later.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

How fun that Kristen is coming! Only for 24 hours??? I always loved your house at Christmas---you guys go all out!

Bob said...

Stay warm and dry, Christine!

Don said...

I hear ya on the running in the cold. It was almost 60 when I went running today, but as soon as I turned into the wind, it froze the snot out of me! I hate wind on persperation!

Glad you made it back safe and had a great trip!