Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sailing on Friend"ship"

I think every woman deserves a day out with her best friend. On the way to her husband's company Christmas party in San Jose, Kristin booked a 24 lay-over in Portland! Pretty cool! She flew in on Thursday morning. We walked into IKEA before the registers were open & picked up a few Christmas things. That's the way to shop at that store...get there right when it opens. Then we headed down to the Pearl District & hit a few fun stores. It was cold & rainy! Specially ordered for Kristin! We sipped our hot chocolate & gabbed. We did some more Christmas shopping & caught a chick flick, "Bella". It was pretty good. We ate out everywhere we went & by the end of the day decided we still didn't eat enough chocolate. I brought her back to Newberg for the night. We gabbed some more & diagnosed some of our life's issues. I wore out her ears & put her to bed. The next morning we grabbed some bagels & more hot chocolate on the way to the airport. I thought about passing the exit to the airport & kidnapping her, but I knew I would be in big trouble with Jens for messing up his date for his company party. As I drove back home, I kept thinking how different my life & the lives of my family would be if we lived near the Dunford's like we did in San Antonio. Good times! As I was giving Colin a bath this morning, he said, "I want Eryn & Kristin to visit ONLY." Still have friends on the brain today. I told him that I would take him with me to go visit Eryn & Kristin sometime. I even started brainstorming in the shower about getting a job to pay for the airfare! We can't wait to see you again, whenever that may be. Thank you Kristin for coming & making some Portland memories with me! Hope Jens showed you a good time in SJ/SF : ).

3 comments:

Jenni said...

That's a tricky way to do a layover---smart! Glad you guys ahd a blast together!

Unknown said...

Thank You, Christine! For showing me such a great time! I didn't want to leave. I told Jens, as soon as I saw him, that we needed to get back up to see you guys asap!!! I love you and had so much fun....ESPECIALLY the "hot chocolate!!"

The Dunford Family said...

my sister must have been using my mac....that's why the last comment is under her name....