It's that time of year again! I feel like I was just sitting here at the computer typing up some highlights from '06. Geez. Time is flyin' by.
Believe it or not, (because I'm having a hard time doing so), I was typing from sunny SoCal last year at this time. Since we habitated 3 different addresses since moving up here to Oregon in Jan., I feel like we've lived here a lot LONGER than a year. This is the ONE exception to the "time" comment.
'07 monthly highlights:
Jan: Had an awesome good-bye party with my basketball buddies; ate a very memorable dinner/w Wayne & Sandra Ramay (Chris' boss in Simi) at a restaurant called Fins. (I can still taste that macadamian crusted halibut...mmmmm.) Moving time...second consecutive year. Packers & movers came. I handled it all solo...second consecutive year. : ) The kids & I hooked up with Chris in Long Beach @ his managers conf. We flew together on the airplane to Portland!
Feb: Moved into rental in The Greens. Started sight-seeing new area. Visited "Spruce Goose" at local air museum. Discovered the OR beach was no Zuma! : ( Took advantage of attending a temple that is so close to home & close to our hearts.
Mar: Went to an awesome Spurs/Trailblazers game! Traveled to San Jose to visit Dunfords. The dads biked in Solvang, the kids played, the moms talked "shop". ; )
Apr: Watched Cassie swim like a fish in water polo. Colin had a visit to the ER...3 head stitches. Spent a lot of evenings on the sidelines of the baseball diamond cheering Craig on in baseball. Supported Chris being the coach.
May: Attended Time Out for Women/w Kathy here in Portland. Did my first bike event, Reach the Beach. Biked 75 miles, from Newberg to the ocean! (I barely survived.)
June: Bought a house! Moved ourselves. Traveled to St. George, UT for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary & Dad's 80th birthday party! Had a big family reunion at a big house.
July: Alex came to visit. Did my 2nd bike event, STP. I biked from Centralia, WA to Portland...100 miles! My Mom & Dad came to visit. Chaperoned at Cub Scout day camp.
Aug: Went to Girls Camp/w Cassie. Did my 3rd bike event, Vine Ride, 100 mile loop around Newberg. Ran the Hood To Coast relay....LOVED IT! Spent a couple of days in Newport on the beach.
Sept: Spent many evenings on the football field sidelines cheering on Craig in football. Ran a 5k for a good cause.
Oct: Cassie & I traveled to Eagle, ID for Sean's farewell & some over-due girl's time away!
Nov: Caran came to visit. We shopped for 3 days straight! Our family flew to AZ for a week of sunshine & friend-therapy @ the Dunford's. I didn't want to leave. The dad's biked in Tucson & surrounding areas. The kids played. The moms tried to solve life issues & spent even more time talking "shop" ; ) Had Thanksgiving w/ Mom & Dad in St. George. Quick stops in Idaho. Kristin flew out to Portland to visit!
Dec: Enjoyed Cassie's band concert, Christmas parties, birthday parties, shopping parties & most of all, the sleeping in parties that are currently going on throughout this holiday break!
Other highlights:
-Loved blogging. I posted about 125 times this year. The posts that received the most comments were Must Love June (June 3rd) & A Good Boy (Sep. 30th) each with 7 comments.
-Cassie & I indexed over 5,500 names through Family Search!
-I biked thousands of miles. I'll keep a more acurate record in '08.
-Completed 75 runs = 240 miles = 24,000+ calories!
-Spent way too much money eating out at Chipotle, Q-doba Grill & Bon Teriyaki.
-Travled through CA, WA, OR, ID, UT & AZ.
My favorite tv shows of '07:
-Y&R
-House
-Lost
-The Office
-The Unit
-Survivor China
-The Bachelor
-FNL
-Battlestar Galactica
-24
-er
Movies:
-Music & Lyrics
-Amazing Grace
-Waitress
-Harry Potter Order of Phoenix
-No Reservations
-Becoming Jane
-Bourne Ultimatum
-Dan in Real Life
-Bella
-August Rush
-Atonement
My top/most downloaded artists of '07:
-Keane
-Colbie Caillat
-Mindy Smith
-Corinne Bailey Rae
-KT Tunstall
-Maroon 5
-Kanye West
-Feist
-Gnarls Barkley
-Massive Attack
-Ivy
I don't know how to sum up this past year in just a few words. It was a year filled with change, physical challenge/adventure, celebration & growth. I saw the most change occur within Cassie. She has become a beautiful young woman full of goodness. Athletically, our whole family rose to every challenge on every field/pool/road we stepped/rolled on this year. We were definitely a bunch of busy bodies! There was nothing more special than the celebrations after our individual victories on & off the field. I'm so grateful for every "high-five" & hug given/received. It was wonderful to watch my parents reach a milestone in their lives & to be there to celebrate it with the whole family. With the move & addition of another year in our children's lives our house size, clothes size, shoe size, grocery bill size, etc. expanded. Hopefully Chris' salary will keep up! I am happy that I am not moving this year. I will continue to grow & bloom our family memories here in Newberg for a while...with some frequent visits to AZ : )....hey, the "garden" needs sun!
9 years ago

2 comments:
VERY GOOD Christine, Your life is an open book that we LOVE to read and have vicarious experiences, as we enjoy them with you. We love the way you write and express yourself and especially the way you see yourself, husband, & children. May 2008 be an AMAZING YEAR for YOU & your family. Hugs
I loved your Review :) I hope 2008 is just as much fun...and less stressful...hopefully no moving!
Post a Comment