Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"Life Is Burritoful"



Last Friday night we went to the grand opening of the new Chipotle restaurant @ I-5 & Tualatin AND we ate there again last night for Craig's birthday! Who doesn't like rice, beans, tortillas & a soft drink?! It's a beautiful or "burritoful" combination. We especially enjoy the green salsa they have there.

Craig had a great birthday. Colin & I went to the school & had lunch with him & his buddies. Craig has a really energetic circle of friends. They talked my ear off for 20 minutes straight & then I slipped away before they could kidnap me out to recess. He got a Nintendo DS game: Pokemon Pearl, a Borders gift card & some cold hard cash for his birthday gifts...thanks to his awesome grandparents. He got to open his birthday present from the Dunford's while we were in AZ & he got a Nerf tag set from them which he & Colin stalk each other with. I'm wondering if those glow in the dark darts will work in it. I saw them at the store in the Nerf section. It would be a fun stocking stuffer. They really love those guns Kristin! Thanks! Send Briggs over to play!

Our family had a good weekend. We went downtown to check out the Christmas tree in Pioneer Courthouse Square. Colin ran around the base of it about 20 times. I thought the camera on my cell phone would suffice to take some photos, but it was not meant to take pictures at night. Sorry we have nothing to show you. Kathy & Wally will think this next part is either funny or that I'm a complete airhead...maybe both. We also went downtown to find the Franklin Covey store so Chris could look at '08 planning materials. As we were walking around the streets looking for addresses, we saw the store in one of the windows. We went inside the big building that said Pioneer Square & low & behold IT'S A MALL! I had NO idea that was a big mall! I thought it was just an office building with a few kiosks & that all the shopping to be done was outside via the street sidewalks. This mall has EVERY store you can think of. It was exciting! We checked out a few stores & then decided to put Colin out of his misery & head home. He hates wandering through stores. So, next time we have out of town visitors, I will take you to another Portland shopping "hot spot".

Saturday, Chris & I attended the funeral of Max Brady. He is Bryce Brady's father. Bryce is one of our bike buddies, in our stake presidency & also one of our neighbors. We highly respect him & his wife & really learned a lot about their family from attending the funeral. I have yet to meet a Brady I don't like! : ) They are not immediately related to the Brady's we know from AZ, but maybe hook up somewhere on the family tree. That afternoon, Chris took the kids to see "The Golden Compass". They all liked it. When they got home, Chris asked me what I wanted to do for the remainder of the evening. I told him it was my turn to go to the movies. Not only did he agree to go with me to see another movie, but he drove all the way back downtown because the movie I wanted to see was a limited release & only showing at the theatre downtown Portland. What a guy. Thank you Chris! Sunday I taught sharing time & went to another Milgard senior staff party at Glen's house (the GM). Caught only the end of the Cards & Seahawks. Still believe the Pats are for real & want to see Shula shut up!

We can tell Chrismas is getting closer by the number of cards we get in the mail each day. Yesterday we got 3! I LOVE getting Christmas cards...more than opening presents. SERIOUSLY! I still have a little more shopping to do. But, I'm not stressed out. Colin is going to help me make more cookies this week. Cassie has her holiday band concert Thursday. Our ward party is Saturday. After 2 years in a row of moving at Christmastime, I am thoroughly enjoying this holiday season within each & every day. Feels so nice to breathe easy!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Awesome that you found more shopping...and really, can you ever get enough Chipotle? Your downtown area sounds really cool. And I am so loving the holidays this year...it just feels more like Christmas when I don't have to wear capris and a t-shirt in December! Hopefully our x-mas card will make it to you one day...still pluggin away at them!

Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday Craig! Oh, I LOVE Chipotle...we need one here in Happy Valley!

Jack and Charlene said...

IF anyone deserves a stress free Christmas is is YOU! So happy you are enjoying this beautiful month .. day by day. HUGS

Bob said...

Which movie did you see, Christine?