Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Soggy Salutations

Thanks for all the phone, text & email messages regarding our newsworthy weather up here in the great Northwest. The Beecher Inn is all good. No flooding in our part of town. There are parts of our area which have not fared too well with the swelling of rivers & low lying areas. The coast got hammered with strong winds yesterday & cut power to several hundred people. I heard the crews are still clearing debris from fallen trees/limbs on the highways to the coast, so it's not a good idea to take a drive out to Lincoln City for the next few days. The biggest headache most Portland/Seattlites are experiencing is the closure on I-5 at Chehalis. There's about 10 feet of water flooding the interstate in that area & the lanes are closed in both directions. SO, if you want to commute between Portland/Seattle, you have to head East on I-84 & then cut north on the 97 through Yakima then get on I-90 & head west into Seattle! CRAZY! (all because you have to make this HUGE bypass around something called Mt. Rainer!)You better believe all the flights between the two cities are sold out.
It finally stopped raining this afternoon here in Newberg. I got out & swept the garage & vacuumed my car. Colin was so happy to ride his bike again. So, I'm sure things will get back to normal as the water subsides.

3 comments:

Jack and Charlene said...

Appreciated your report. There were severl at the FHL talking about family or friends in the flooding areas of Washington or Oregon. So happy you were able to get out of the house and keep you & Colin from getting Cabin Feaver!

Cheri said...

So glad you are keeping dry even if it is indoors!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your christmas card!!! Thanks!

Jenni said...

Glad you guys are ok...the weather is kinda crazy up there huh??? We got your CHristmas card yestderday too and I LOVED the picture---so cute!!! It's our first card of the year. You're so on top of it!