Sunday, December 02, 2007

Christmas Edition

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do:Just copy this entire blog entry and paste it into a new post on your blog. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Here we go...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper and gift bow. A big red bow!
2. Real tree or artificial? Fake, all the way! SOOO much easier.
3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever the kids are all home & I have a spare afternoon/evening & as close to Dec. 1st as possible.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually sometime the first week of January before the kids go back to school so they can help!
5. Do you like eggnog? It depends. I've had eggnog that tastes good & some that tastes awful.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A teepee my mom made in Homemaking/w little handheld flashlights waiting inside.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I have the one I grew up with. It's sentimental to me.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My mother & father in-law. I need to call Chris' sister & get some ideas!
9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids...no problem.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Luggage my senior year. Sorry Mom & Dad, but it was depressing!
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail & hope to get mailed cards in return. I love getting Christmas cards! Especially family pictures.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December pay days.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can think of...maybe candy.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cut-out cookies.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? White lights on our big tree, colored on the little tree.
17. Favorite Christmas song? "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose,"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? HOME
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? You know--Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Commet,Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. But do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? On the big tree we have a star that I LOVE! It's so cute. On the little tree we have an angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve, and the rest on Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Bell ringers & Christmas-themed new car advertisements."Duh, duh, duh, duh, duh, duh, duh, duh..."
23. What I love most about Christmas? The music & the smell of spiced cider...heavy cinnamon.
WISHING YOU ALL A WONDERFUL & JOYOUS CHRISTMAS!!!! Hope to read your "list" soon!!!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Yum---cut out cookies are sounding so good to me today---I was craving them earlier! Maybe I'll have to make some tomorrow...fun list!

Ben N Nessa said...

You and my mom taught us well..some eggnog is good, cut-out cookies are delicious, one present christmas eve...the rest on christmas...so fun!