Sunday, November 11, 2007

Spoiled Sister

I'm talkin' about me! My sister Caran flew out to visit me for the weekend & spoiled me! We hit just about every major shopping attraction in the area without stepping foot into "the mall". In all our driving around we even stumbled upon a brand new Old Navy strip with new neighbors Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Office Max, Best Buy, Famous Footwear, Petsmart & CHIPOTLE! We supplied all kinds of weather for our visitor. A little fog (which caused her arrival delay), a little sun, a little gray sky & rain. And then on her last day, it was a balmy sunny day!
We explored the Pearl District in one part of downtown & ate French cuisine for lunch. It was a neat part of town with beautiful condos, upscale shops & fall leaves a plenty on the sidewalks. It was really the perfect autumn day in Portland. We spent a lot of time talking & sharing which was really therapeutic for me. Nothing like discussing life with a sister/RS president! : ) It's a golden combination!
We saw "Dan In Real Life"...great movie! "YOU'RE THE MURDERER OF LOVE!" I think every teenage girl needs to go see that flick with their dad. Cassie & Craig were such good sports & babysat Colin for me & cooked their own dinners so I could "check out" of my life of motherhood responsibilities for a couple of days. A HUGE THANK YOU to Mark, Alaena & CAM for giving up your fabulous wife/mom so she could come hang with me for the weekend.
This is my favorite.
Thanks for EVERYTHING Caran! Love you!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Looks like so much fun! I think we need to have a girls-only weekend sometime this summer :)

Jill said...

How fun, I am glad you had such a great time! Love you! Jill

Jack and Charlene said...

SOOOOO Happy you two had a good weekend and found the "Shopping" so great. Loved the Photos !!

Cheri said...

I was hoping you would post some pics...What a great weekend...well deserved for both! Thanks for sharing!