Cassie's soccer season ended this past week. Her team traveled to Stayton on Monday & played in the freezing cold rain. But, they won! Wednesday, they played their last game against Woodburn's Valor middle school. They had a very good chance to win, but the coach moronically put the worst combination of players in the 1st half & Valor scored 3 goals to our 0. At halftime, some of the girls took command of the lineup & when they came in the 2nd half, the prime players were in & we scored 1 to their 0! So, we still ended up losing, 3-1, but if I had any say in the decision of which players played when & where, I'm positive we could have at least tied or won this game. It's been very frustrating being a soccer mom on this particular team with the lack of confidence & respect I've had for the coach. Many lessons learned on my part. So, now I'll get off my soccer soap box.
I was pleasantly surprised at what a terrific soccer player Cassie was this season!!! For a girl who hasn't played since she was in 1st grade....WOW! Many parents have asked her if she is going to play on the HS team next year. But, I'm pretty sure she will commit to water polo instead. Both sports have their season at the same time, so you can't pick both. What a position to be in! : ) I'm so proud of her!
9 years ago

4 comments:
With all the rain you've had this soccer season, Cassie may have gotten a head start on water polo this year :)
Well-Said !!! We are impressed with both Cassie and her "Soccer Mom". The competitive spirit runs deep in the Putnam Genes!!
you're proud?
i'm proud.
:D
my cousin rocks.
I bet Cassie will love water polo! Brianna does it in high school and loves it!
Post a Comment